We know your study time is precious, and we're always looking for ways to make sure we give you the best possible experience when you connect for help. So we're delighted to let you know about a new feature that we hope will take some of the stress away when you're waiting to connect to a subject specialist.
When you click on 'Connect Live', you will see a little box pop that asks you to allow us to send you notifications.
If you click on 'Allow', it means that when you are waiting in the queue to connect for live help in a subject, and want to do something else while you wait, we will send you a little notification to let you know when your session is ready to start.
This notification will pop up on any webpage you are on at the time, so you can feel free to open a new tab and do a bit of research, reading... or catch up on your daily dose of cat memes.
If you click 'Block' (or have clicked 'Block' in the past) and have since changed your mind, you can change your notification settings in your browser.
Here's how to manage your notifications. Scroll down until you find the browser you're using.
- Open Chrome
- At the top right, click the three dots, then Settings
- At the bottom, click Show advanced settings
- Under Privacy, click Content settings
- Under Notifications, choose 'Ask when a site wants to show notifications: You’ll get an alert from Chrome whenever a site wants to show you notifications. This is the default setting
- Under Notifications, click Manage exceptions. Then click on www.studiosity.com:433 and you will be able to edit the box that says 'Block'. Change to 'Allow' then hit 'Done'.
- Click on the hamburger menu icon in the upper-right corner of the browser and select Options
- Click on Content, and then, under the Notifications subheading, click Choose
- In the pop-up window that opens, type in https://www.studiosity.com and hit Allow.
- Click on the three dots in the top right-hand corner
- Click Settings
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Advanced Settings
- Under Notifications, click Manage
- Toggle the button under studiosity.com to 'On'
- Click on Safari
- Choose Preferences, then click Notifications
- Find www.studiosity.com and select Allow
We hope this helps you maximise your precious study time 😀